Friday, June 1, 2012

Kind of Sickness

I should call it "Canada sickness". But I miss more than Canada. The more I think what I am really missing, the more I'm starting to realise I'm missing the freedom and the so-called 'happy life' somewhere accross the Channel and now also accross the Atlantic Ocean. It's been a month since I arrived to my Czech home and I know I really should be happy to be home. I love my caring family and do love all of my friends who are my biggest support of my stupid ideas. .. 

I will never forget my exchange time in Canada. All the people I met, all the places I visited, everything I experienced. The last few days were really hard. Saying good bye to all the people I knew wasn' t as hard as saying good bye to Victoria and all the places I liked. The last day before I left I had last coffee with P. and then just wandered downtown street by street, taking pictures of everything and everyone just because I wanted to have as many memories as I could. I felt like I didn' t even visit half of the places there and I was leaving. The last dinner was very special - steaks, vegetables, very expensive champagne and a rasberry cake as a dessert. Then sitting with J. and G. many hours and going through a book about our country, showing some 'Czech things'. listening to the Czech music and probably being at least for a while proud of my country. Next morning I was woken up quite early by a bunch of idiots having a running race or what was it. But then we had our last waffles and left for the airport. The conversation among us was really akward as no one actually knew what to talk about - we were all just sad I was leaving. I tried to do it quickly but still few tears appeared in our eyes. 

I sometimes feel like running away from my own problems...
I sometimes feel like my country is too tiny for me...

__________________________________________________________________________


With this article I officially finish my exchange semester in Canada - 'in this amazing country Canada' as J. would say - and I'm ready to start my next journey to England.




No comments:

Post a Comment